(4) Carnitas Taco @ La Taqueria

Carnitas tacos @ La Taqueria. Photo credit: Kendra Aronson.
Standards for Mexican food are high in my book because I grew up in Leucadia (we can throw a rock @ Mexico/U.S. border, well, kind of) and because my family owns Tony's Jacal in Solana Beach. When I first moved to San Francisco I held up my Southern California pride claiming that there could not possibly be better Mexican food in this City. I quickly realized how wrong I was. There are so many great food trucks and hole-in-the-wall taquerias here. Including La Taqueria in the Mission, although it's quite large and well known. They do their tacos right here - beans, heaps of fresh pico de gallo, and juicy/crispy carnitas. Delicioso. A Mission district must-have.
La Taqueria. Photo credit: Kendra Aronson.

Carnitas taco @ La Taqueria ($3.50)
2889 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
415.285.7117
Monday-Saturday 11-9
Sunday 11-8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

THE BIG EAT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger