(21) Tonkotsu Ramen @ Izakaya Sozai

Ohhhh yeaaah. This big bowl of Ritsu Tonkotsu Ramen is 100% list-worthy. The miso broth was beautifully murky and it was salty! and creamy! and rich! I could drink a gallon of this broth all by itself. Then, the ramen was perfectly al dente and chewy, yum! Here is some no-brainer advice > get it with pork belly. The pork belly was おいしい, as they say. Next time I'm going I'm doing all the upgrades - pork belly ($2), spicy miso ($1.50), & garlic chips ($0.75) - go big, or go home. If I lived in this neighborhood I would haunt this place weekly that is a guarantee.
Tonkotsu Ramen @ Izakaya Sozai. Photo credit: Yelp.
P.S. Does anyone have any tips on how to properly eat ramen? I was slurping all over the place, had difficulty maneuvering the chopsticks with the ramen, and  kept spilling the precious miso broth, haaaaaa. In sum, I want to not look like this. Please, help a girl out, thanks.

Tonkotsu Ramen @ Izakaya Sozai ($9)
1500 Irving Street
San Francisco, CA 94122
415.742.5122
Monday & Tuesday > Closed
Wednesday-Thursday, Sunday > 5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday & Saturday > 5:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry...loud slurping is considered a compliment! :) So...slurp on, Big Eater!!

    ReplyDelete

THE BIG EAT All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger